Ready to supercharge your digital marketing with free social media management tools?
We’ve compiled a list of powerful online tools to help you level up your social media presence. We’re talking expert reporting, publishing, management, automation, audience insights, graphic design, and more.
Live on AppSumo
All-in-one social media management platform designed for handling multiple profiles
Analyze, manage, and grow your digital presence from one place
Create one beautiful, simple link for your social media bio that showcases everything you have to offer
Free vs. freemium (kind of free)
You will find that most social media management tools are freemium and not free. This is where they have a free plan you can use indefinitely. But if you require extra features or need to increase the limits, you must upgrade. Most free plans will suit solopreneurs who don’t have a team to manage their social media presence.
It’s hard to find a good social media management tool that is entirely free as most tools are cloud-based and require high data bandwidth. The paid plans help fund the free plan. Hence why most tools in this post follow a freemium model.
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s check out some of the best social media management tools you must not miss.
Top free social media management tools compared
1. Vista Social
Vista Social is an innovative social media management platform, serving as an ally to over 1.9 million profiles, including industry giants. Born out of a need for a tool that not just keeps up with the evolving social media landscape but also sets the pace, Vista Social is designed with the future of social media management in mind.
- Supports a wide array of networks including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google My Business, letting you manage multiple profiles from one central hub
- Pioneering the future of social media management with advanced AI-powered features
- A versatile tool with comprehensive network integrations across various platforms, enhancing efficiency and adaptability
- Renowned for its exceptional customer support, ready to assist you at any moment
- Provides in-depth analytics, helping you understand your audience and tailor your content accordingly
- Encourages collaboration with a user-friendly interface that’s perfect for team use
Vista Social’s free plan
The paid plans
- Pro: $15/month
- Pro+: $25/month
Postly is a freemium social media management platform that lets you post to Instagram business accounts, Facebook groups and pages, LinkedIn, YouTube, and TikTok. It’s got a lot of useful features that help you schedule text, image, and video posts.
- Lets you schedule to Reddit, YouTube, and Telegram too
- AI Writer and hashtag generator speed up writing captions and descriptions
- Bulk upload saves time while uploading posts
- Telegram bot helps automate your Telegram marketing
Postly’s free plan
The free plan has almost all the features of the paid plans (the only one missing is recurring posts), but it has usage limits. On the free plan, you only get one workspace, can connect 10 social accounts, and schedule only 20 posts.
The paid plans
When you subscribe to the paid plans, you get access to all features, and you can publish unlimited posts. Depending on the plan, you can add more social accounts and create more workspaces.
Postly offers five payment plans:
- Solo: $9 per month or $84 per year
- Basic: $19 per month or $180 per year
- Starter: $29 per month or $276 per year
- Growth: $99 per month or $948 per year
- Agency: $499 per month or $4,788 per year
SleekBio is another freemium social media tool. It helps you create a free “link in bio” page for your social media accounts. This page makes it easy to introduce yourself and help people find your website and other social media accounts.
- Free to use with a very affordable paid plan
- Add videos, products, blog posts, and links
- Show link previews that entice people to click
- Drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to create your “link in bio” page
- Use analytics to improve design and clicks
SleekBio’s free plan
On the free plan, you can add a maximum of five blocks, and you have access to basic analytics. Unfortunately, you can’t get rid of SleekBio’s prominent branding.
The paid plan
On the Lifetime plan, you can add up to 50 blocks, and the analytics is more advanced. The branding is also reduced.
SleekBio has three paid plans:
- Tier 1: $19 for life
- Tier 2: $29 for life
- Tier 3: $49 for life
RADAAR is the perfect social media management platform for small and mid-sized businesses that want to save time while managing multiple profiles.
With features like the scheduler, social media inbox, monitoring & analytics, password manager, and task manager–plus support of all major platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn–RADAAR will supercharge your business’s digital presence by taking care of every step in a single user-friendly dashboard.
- Social media analytics to track performance
- Create carousel posts within RADAAAR
- Monitor keywords and competitors to improve social strategy
- Built-in link shortener to easily share articles and videos
- Pull all your social media messages into one dashboard to speed up response times
RADAAR’s free plan
RADAAR does not come with a free version. However, through AppSumo, they are offering a lifetime deal. Instead of paying for a monthly subscription, you can purchase RADAAR today for just $59.
The paid plans
Once the lifetime Appsumo deal is over, you can choose from three monthly subscription plans:
- Basic: $7.99 (billed annually)
- Premium: $15.99 (billed annually)
- Professional: $47.99 (billed annually)
How about a data-first approach to social media marketing? We’ve got the tool for you. Metricool is a social media scheduling and marketing tool that relies heavily on data from your own channels.
Complete with easy-to-use analytics tools and custom reports, you can test and invest in the social channels, post types, and trends that work best for your business. It’s a great tool for content creators, marketers, agencies, and solo entrepreneurs trying to get the most out of social media.
- Generate custom social media performance reports
- Plan and assess organic and paid social performance in one tool
- Enjoy real-time analytics across all your favorite social channels
- Monitor competitors’ channels and strategies
- Launch and monitor Google Ads and Facebook Ads
Metricool’s free plan
Metricool offers a free plan that’s great for solopreneurs and freelancers. It includes tools for managing a single account across most social networks, including advertising channels. However, the free version does not include a lot of analytics and reporting tools.
Metricool’s paid plans
After the free version, you can choose from five monthly paid subscription plans. Each number in the title corresponds to the number of brands you can manage in that tier. (For example, “Pro 5” lets you manage five brands.)
- Pro 5: $12 per month (paid annually)
- Pro 10: $19 per month (paid annually)
- Pro 15: $35 per month (paid annually)
- Pro 25: $55 per month (paid annually)
- Enterprise: $119 per month (paid annually)
Hootsuite is probably the most popular social media management platform. It’s been around for a long while and has a decent free plan. It integrates with many social networks to allow you to schedule posts.
- Proofpoint feature screens and analyzes posts to ensure compliance with your brand and social media policies
- Streams feature makes it easy to monitor your accounts and engage with followers and prospects
- Manage paid ads along with organic posts
Hootsuite’s free plan
On the free plan, you can only connect to two social media accounts and schedule five posts at a time.
The paid plans
To connect more social media accounts, schedule more posts at a time, and run ads, you need a paid plan.
Hootsuite has four paid plans:
- Professional: $49 per month, billed annually
- Team: $129 per month, billed annually
- Business: $739 per month, billed annually
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Hootsuite also offers a 30-day free trial with the paid plans.
Buffer is another popular social media management software that’s been around for a long while. Users love its simple interface. Also, it was the first software to introduce the slots feature, where you set time slots beforehand and add posts to them.
- Pablo tool makes it easy to create visuals that you can later schedule with Buffer
- Calendar and scheduling features make it easy to plan and manage your social media presence
- Offers detailed analytics to improve your social media marketing
Buffer’s free plan
You can connect up to three social channels with the free plan and schedule 10 posts per channel. This is a nice free plan, but it’s missing some features of the paid plans.
The paid plan
To connect more accounts, and schedule 2,000 posts per channel, you need to subscribe to a paid plan. You also get access to extra features such as individual post analytics, Instagram hashtag manager, audience demogaphics, Shopify performance, shop grid, and boosted post insights with the paid plans.
Buffer has three paid plans:
- Essentials: $6 per month per social channel
- Team: $12 per month per social channel
- Agency: $120 per month for 10 channels
Beatflyer helps you make video posts for social networks. You can use animations and effects to make your videos stand out. It is a paid tool with a free plan that lets you create unlimited videos.
- Use 2 million stock photos to quickly create videos from scratch or use the templates. You can also import videos made with Figma and Photoshop
- Add music from Beatflyer’s library or the Apple Music catalogue and sync it with the video
- Use 50+ effects to get your videos to stand out
Beatflyer’s free plan
The free plan is pretty generous as you can create unlimited (watermarked) videos. It includes all the other features in the paid plan, except that you can’t save projects to the cloud.
The paid plans
The biggest benefit of subscribing to the paid plans is that there’s no watermark, and if you subscribe to Pro Monthly, you can also save projects to the cloud.
Beatflyer offers two paid plans:
- Day Pass: $3 per day
- Pro Monthly: $10 per month—but you can get it on AppSumo for life for a one-time payment of just $49.
SocialBee is a social media management tool that allows you to easily schedule your posts in a calendar view and customize them for each social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Google My Business, and TikTok).
- Use category-based bulk scheduling to create categories for different post types such as blog posts, and case studies and schedule mutiple posts to each category at once
- Make the most of each post by reusing it with the post recycle feature
- Has its own URL shortener and also integrates with shorteners like Butly, Rebrandly, and JotURL
SocialBee’s free plan
SocialBee doesn’t exactly have a free plan. It normally offers a 14-day trial only. But we included it in this list as you get a 30-day trial when you sign up with this special link for Sumolings. During this trial period, you can check out all the features. You also get a 20% discount for two months when you subscribe to a paid plan.
The paid plans
SocialBee has seven paid plans:
- Bootstrap: $19 per month or $189.6 per year
- Accelerate: $39 per month or $390 per year
- Pro: $79 per month or $789.6 per year
- Pro25: $79 per month or $789.6 per year
- Pro50: $149 per month or $1489.2 per year
- Pro100: $279 per month or $2790 per year
- Pro150: $379 per month or $3789.6 per year
If you’re looking for one tool to easily schedule, engage, and report on social media for all your profiles, Agorapulse is the perfect solution. Agorapulse boasts powerful features to make social media management that much easier.
- Manage messages, comments, and reviews from all your social media pages in one place
- Use social listening to discover what people say about your brand and your competitors
- Detailed analytics help measure the performance of your social media accounts and your teams
Agorapulse’s free plan
Agorapule has a limited free plan; it lacks many of the features that the paid plans have. The free plan can only have one user, three social media profiles. and 10 scheduled posts at a time.
The paid plans
With Agorapulse’s paid plans, you can publish unlimited posts, add more users, and connect more social media profiles. The number of users you can add and the number of social media profiles you can connect depends on the plan. You also get many other features when you subscribe to the paid plans.
Agorapulse has three paid options:
- Pro: $99 per month or $948 per year
- Premium: $249 per month or $2,388 per year
- Enterprise: Custom
Ready to spruce up your Instagram feed? Later is a tool that helps you customize your feed to create an intentional, powerful presence. It’s a freemium tool with a good free plan that lets you schedule to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- Visual Instagram planner that helps you design an aesthetic Instagram feed
- Publish regular feed posts, stories, and carousel posts on Instagram
- Create a free “link in bio” page
- Save hashtags and captions and use them when scheduling posts
Later’s free plan
You can connect one profile per social channel to the free plan and schedule 10 posts at a time for each social network. But it lacks several features that the paid plans have.
The paid plans
You can schedule more posts with the paid plans, and with some of the bigger paid plans, you can also connect more social media profiles and pages. Along with this, you get many more features like best time to post, hashtag suggestions, and Instagram conversations.
Later has three paid options:
- Starter: $15 per month or $150 per year
- Growth: $40 per month or $399.96 per year
- Advanced: $80 per month or $800 per year
Alternatively to Later, you can use Planoly to plan and schedule your Instagram posts. You can also schedule to Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. It even has some features to help you monetize your services and content.
- Built-in planner helps you plan your content calendar and workflow
- Sellit allows you to sell digital products and services, create a tip jar, connect to Stripe, and accept payments directly
- StoriesEdit helps you create beautiful content for your social media accounts
Planoly’s free plan
On the free plan, you can connect to either one Instagram or one Pinterest account, and you can only make 30 uploads per month per profile.
The paid plans
To connect both Instagram and Pinterest accounts and upload more posts, you need to subscribe to a paid plan.
Planoly has three paid plans:
- Starter: $13 per month or $135 per year
- Growth: $23 per month or $234 per year
- Professional: $43 per month or $438 per year
SocialOoomph is a freemium tool that lets you schedule posts to your favorite social channel. Although its user interface isn’t the best, it’s got a good free plan and affordable paid plans.
- Connect RSS feeds and outsource posts to publish
- Post Flood Control feature prevents you from posting too frequently
- Self-destructing posts feature prevents outdated posts from being republished
SocialOomph’s free plan
The free version gives you one profile, unlimited scheduled posts, and up to three posts per hour. However, you only get access to basic posting features.
The paid plans
To connect more social media profiles, post more times in an hour, and get access to all features, you need to subscribe to a paid plan.
SocialOomph has three payment options:
- Advanced Suite: $15 per month or $162 per year
- Professional Suite: $25 per month or $270 per year
- Business Suite: $55 per month or $594 per year
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about social media management tools
What are the best free social media management tools?
Some of the best free social media management tools are Buffer, Hootsuite, Agorapulse, Later, and SocialOomph. They are not completely free, but they offer a free plan.
Is there a free social media manager?
Some social media management tools are free, with no paid plans, but they usually aren’t good enough. However, there are a lot of tools that offer free plans that suit solopreneurs.
How can I manage all my social media in one place?
You can manage all your social media in one place by using a tool like Agorapulse or Later that integrates with multiple social networks. You can also use project management tools to organize your content plan.