Howdy, partner! In case you haven’t heard, Sumo Day is coming—Sunday, June 11 at 4 pm CT –Thursday, June 15 at noon CT, to be exact.
We’re so excited because Sumo Day is prime time for sales. In fact, last year, we saw 5x our normal site traffic and a 30K bump in total buyers! Some of our top partners in the past have included NeuronWriter, WordHero, and Tomba. And you’re about to join their ranks.
You’ve already done the work of listing your product in our store for Sumo Day. That’s great!
Well, the next step is the fun part: promoting your product!
We’ve compiled some key dates, steps, and helpful tips to make the most of our biggest sale of the season. It’s all pretty straightforward—just follow along and build up the hype for your product!
Let’s get started.
Before Sumo Day goes live, it helps to start building up hype ahead of time and getting your audience excited.
Use these copy and graphic templates to start teasing out your Sumo Day sale!
Sunday, June 11
Our kick-off begins! At 5 pm CT, we recommend sending an email to your free users encouraging them to check out your can’t-miss deal on AppSumo. This is the best value they’re going to get for your product—one-time payment, no monthly fees. If they’ve been looking to upgrade their free plan, now’s their chance!
Use this handy template and feel free to make it your own!
Tuesday, June 13
As Sumo Day continues, make sure you’re using the most of your social channels, too.
This helpful template is a great starting point to spread the word about your special Sumo Day offer.
Wednesday, June 14
With one day left in the sale today, you’re going to keep the social momentum with another reminder post.
Here’s a handy-dandy template for your social channels.
Thursday, June 15
Now we’re nearing the finish line and it’s time to crank the FOMO up to 11.
Use this follow-up email template to let your audience know it’s their LAST chance to grab your limited-time deal before Sumo Day ends!
Heads up: Our sale ends at noon CT for non-Plus members. We highly recommend an early morning send!
Select partners, show off your AppSumo achievement with these “Top Partner” badges. It’s a great way to add social proof to your site and let the world know just how awesome you are.
- Use our handy-dandy assets. We’ve collected these helpful creative templates and assets in one place to make promoting during Sumo Day a breeze. Just customize with your logo and branding, and share away on social and email.
- Pro tip: Create banners and direct traffic to your deal page during the sale. You can try a tool like Optinly (lifetime access for just $59!) to make banners the easy way!
- Prep your support team. One thing past partners have noted during big sales events is how much the extra traffic they got. On launch day, make sure your support team is ready to answer questions and comments on your deal page to maximize your Sumo Day promotion. Responsive partners go a long way in building customer trust!
- Earn more as an AppSumo affiliate!
- If you’re not already an affiliate, there’s still time to join. Sign up to become an affiliate here—AppSumo Select Partners get preferential payouts, so don’t miss out!
- If you’re already an affiliate, awesome. Be sure to prepare your affiliate link by heading into Impact and grabbing your unique URL. That way, you’ll be properly credited for your marketing and promotion efforts! The Affiliate team will be uploading all the Sumo Day creative you can use directly in your Impact account.