The stats on video marketing paint a picture most of us already know from personal experience: video as a medium is engaging, easy to learn from, and more prevalent with each year.
The problem is, video marketing comes with a few barriers of entry. If you want to shoot on something better than your smartphone, you’re going to have to invest in a camera. You’ll need to research video hosting and find editing software. Plus, you need someone willing to put their face on camera.
There’s good news, too. Your competitors also know the value of video and they’re facing the same obstacles. By getting started and being armed with the numbers, you’ll gain the competitive marketing and brand advantage.
This article covers video marketing statistics every marketer should consider in 2020. If you haven’t started creating videos for your business yet, we’ve compiled some hard numbers on the importance of having a video marketing strategy. It might nudge you to see the red light and finally start clicking record.
Without further ado, here are 37 video marketing statistics that will change how you approach the video format.
Why video marketing is so powerful
- 54% of consumers want to see more video content from their favorite companies. (HubSpot)
- The average person is expected to watch 84 minutes of online video per day this year. (Marketing Charts)
- 85% of businesses use video as a marketing tool. (HubSpot)
- 92% of marketers who use video say that it is a core part of their marketing strategy. (HubSpot)
- Video is the medium most consumers prefer when it comes to seeing marketing from brands they like. (Animoto Blog)
Why is video important in marketing?
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they see it in video. (Social Media Today)
- 59% of executives prefer watching a video over reading. (Social Media Today)
- Video traffic is projected to make up 81% of all internet traffic by 2021. (Cisco)
How are videos used for marketing?
- 66% of online video ads were less than 30 seconds long at the end of 2019. (Smart Insights)
- 43% of video marketers say video has reduced the number of support calls they’ve received. (Wyzowl)
- 84% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video. (Wyzowl)
- 56% of B2B companies use video marketing to create webinars. (Vidyard)
- 52% of B2B companies use video marketing to create demos. (Vidyard)
- 51% of B2B companies use video marketing in their social media. (Vidyard)
Mobile video marketing statistics
- 6 out of 10 consumers prefer watching videos from their phone instead of their desktop or TV. (Social Media Today)
- Video consumption on mobile increases by 100% every year. (Social Media Today)
- 60% of users film on their phone horizontally, compared to 40% who report filming vertically. (Social Media Week)
- 75% of mobile video consumers prefer to watch videos horizontally, while only 25% percent prefer watching vertically. (Social Media Week)
- Videos on landing pages have been known to increase conversion rates by 80%. (HubSpot)
Social video marketing statistics
- 85% of companies that use video marketing use YouTube as a video marketing channel. (HubSpot)
- 79% of companies that use video marketing use Facebook as a video marketing channel. (HubSpot)
- 33% of the most viewed stories on Instagram come from businesses. (Hootsuite)
- How-to videos are the most popular Instagram video content. (Hootsuite)
- Only 1 out of 10 video marketers have even tried TikTok, despite encouragement from media leaders like Gary Vee: “I’m fascinated how people can miss hundreds of millions of people who are using something—how we, as an industry, can dismiss that.” (HubSpot)(WARC)
- LinkedIn videos receive 5 times more comments than other LinkedIn post types. (Hootsuite)
Does video marketing work for small businesses?
- 83% of video marketers say that using video helps them with lead generation. (OptinMonster)
- Lemlist found that sending personalized videos via email (and informing readers via the subject line) leads to 95% cold email open rates. (Lemlist).
- 71% of B2B marketers use video marketing. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 66% of B2C marketers use video marketing. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 81% of video marketers say video has helped increase the average time their visitors spend on a page. (Wyzowl)
- 79% of consumers say a video convinced them to buy software or an app. (TechSmith)
- Video can also lower your website’s bounce rate. In one example, video lowered a company’s bounce rate by 34%. (Brafton)
How much does a marketing video cost?
- Outsourcing video marketing costs between $1,200 on the low-end and $50,000 on the high-end. For most companies, it takes four to five days to complete a project, which costs less than $10,000. (Lean-Labs)
- Renting the necessary equipment to create videos in-house costs less than $5,000. (Lean-Labs)
- Outsourcing for semi-pros: Benefits include equipment already supplied and low costs. Best for low-risk video purposes. Prices range from $1,500 to $3,000. (Hinge Marketing)
- Outsourcing to professionals: Consistent quality and lower risk. Best for more important business endeavors. Prices range from $5,000 to $20,000. (Hinge Marketing)
- Outsourcing premium: Very high-quality video that makes your business, product, or case study stand out, and builds credibility. Prices range from $25,000 to $50,000. (Hinge Marketing)
AppSumo lifetime deals for video marketing
Speaking of cost…
20% of non-video marketers say they don’t use video for marketing because it’s too expensive.
Fortunately, your friends here at AppSumo have got your back, with incredible lifetime deals on video marketing software.
Swarmify is a video hosting service for businesses that boasts industry-leading video load speeds.
Since you’re not embedding a YouTube video, you don’t have to worry about recommended videos popping up and stealing customers from your website. With Swarmify, your company is the main attraction.
Plus, Swarmify is unbranded, so your website won’t littered with another company’s logos and marketing. AppSumo has lifetime deals on Swarmify starting at $69.
If you make videos for social media, Multimedia5 is perfect for you.
It lets you quickly create customized videos across your favorite channels. You can upload your own videos or choose from the high-quality content available within the tool.
Plus, Multimedia5 uses AI to automate many of the most tedious video editing steps, cutting the monotony from the video creation process.
Get a lifetime deal on Multimedia5 starting at $69.
We’ve gone through a number of valuable video marketing statistics, but we haven’t covered video calling yet.
Video calls are one of the most common use cases for video across businesses.
With eyeson, you can easily join and invite others to video calls. Eyeson makes it a breeze to record and share your session. Plus, since it’s based in the Cloud, you don’t have to download anything to your computer.
Ready for faster, simpler video calls? Get a lifetime deal on eyeson starting at $69.
We all know how hard it is to find affordable stock photos. Finding great video stock footage is even tougher – not to mention more expensive.
Luckily, ProVideo gives you access to a library full of professional, royalty-free stock videos. Grab the lifetime deal on ProVideo for 150,000+ professional videos.
AppSumo regularly features new lifetime deals on video software. If you don’t see the tool you need on this list, check out the latest AppSumo deals.
We hope these video marketing statistics can bring you an even clearer vision for your marketing strategy in 2020.
Video is a powerful way to show off your product, market your brand, and put your best ideas into the world. (It’s also the best medium to watch baby animals of any kind.)
Do you already use video for your business? How has investing in video content impacted your business? Let us know in the comments below!