Viral Loops Review: How to Use it for Infectious Word-of-Mouth Marketing
What’s a “viral loop”?
Think of the mechanics of a viral loop as the steps a user takes between entering your site and inviting the next set of users who continue the loop.
Simple enough? Great!
The next thing you need to know is this: because this core loop is repeated over and over again, getting it right is crucial.
Enter Viral Loops, an app so aptly named you’ll never doubt its effectiveness.
Read on for our fully comprehensive Viral Loops tutorial and review!
Black Friday Special: Get lifetime access to Viral Loops at $59 on AppSumo today.
What’s Viral Loops
Viral Loops is an all-in-one referral marketing platform to create viral word-of-mouth campaigns.
Using it is straightforward: choose which type of referral system you want to create, and then use the platform to design a matching campaign.
Viral Loops can help you launch a product, grow your email list, decrease customer acquisition costs, and retain your customers by turning them into brand ambassadors.
Who Is it For?
Viral Loops runs on most websites or CMSs, including WordPress, Shopify, and Facebook Messenger.
Whether you’re a marketer, entrepreneur, or solopreneur looking to promote a product launch, find new customers, and nurture existing ones, Viral Loops is built for you.
Viral Loops Pricing
Pricing for Viral Loops is structured simply. If you pay on a monthly basis, Viral Loops can cost you over $1,000 extra per year at the highest tier.
Here is the basic pricing if paid yearly:
- $34/month – Startup – 1,000 participants
- $69/month – Growing – up to 20,000 participants
- $208/month – Power – up to 25,000 participants
Or you can grab the Viral Loops Black Friday deal at $59 on AppSumo.
Viral Loops is an all-in-one referral marketing platform, so it’s got everything you need to run a viral referral campaign. Here are some of the core features:
1. Easily Customizable Campaign Templates
One of Viral Loops’ major highlights is found in its customizable templates. These templates make creating and publishing your campaign incredibly easy. There are ten main campaign templates to choose from. Among them are:
- Refer a Friend
- Viral Loops for Shopify
- The Startup Pre-launch
2. No-Hassle Landing Page Builder
Don’t have a knack for design or web building or haven’t yet launched your website?
Use the Viral Loops Landing Page Builder to create a custom landing page to host your campaign instead. The building tool is made for beginners, so the page can be customized—start to finish—without using a single code.
3. Real-Time Dashboard for Performance Tracking
As your campaign runs, being able to track how it’s doing heavily influences its success. You can head to the “My Campaigns section” of your account and click “Edit” to quickly and easily observe important metrics. You can also make adjustments to your campaign after it’s launched.
4. Over a Dozen Integratable Apps
Being able to connect your other tools and social media apps is essential to a smooth campaign that integrates with your existing workflow. You can connect up to 14 apps to your Viral Loops account.
If you don’t see the app you need, use Webhooks to facilitate a third-party API or integrate an unsupported app.
Viral Loops Review: Pros and Cons
As in life, every app has its upsides and downsides. Here’s what I found great (and not so great):
- No advanced tech knowledge is needed. You don’t need any web design or coding knowledge to use this tool, which makes it excellent for newbies and non-technical teams.
- Monitoring and editing a campaign requires little effort. Reviewing and adjusting the metrics for each campaign is incredibly simple and requires just a few quick clicks for changes.
- Campaign templates make for no-stress launches. Since you don’t have to start each campaign from scratch, it can take just a few minutes to get up and running. You can quickly get a campaign ready for launch and promotion.
- Excellent and responsive customer support. If there’s ever an issue that requires customer support’s involvement, you’ll be met with efficient, knowledgeable employees to work on a resolution.
- No anti-fraud algorithm. Other referral tools have an anti-fraud algorithm that scans participant information for fraudulent activity, which helps maintain truer “real numbers” regarding campaign growth.
- No free version outside of free trial. Once your free trial is up, so is your only free-use option for Viral Loops. If you’d like to use this tool, even at its most basic features, you’ll need to have a paid subscription. Luckily, for a limited time, you can get lifetime access to Viral Loops at only $59.
How to Set Up Viral Loops to Amplify Word-of-Mouth Sales
Viral Loops has a user-friendly interface that allows you to easily set up a campaign and get going. Here are the fundamentals to get set up:
Setting Up an Account
Usually, you’ll head to the Viral Loops homepage to sign up for a monthly subscription plan OR a free trial. But for a limited time, you can get lifetime access to Viral Loops on AppSumo.
After you purchase the Viral Loops deal, follow the instructions to redeem your purchase and set up your Viral Loops account.
Select a Template
To create your first campaign, hover over the template of your choice and click “Select this template.”
This will open up a review page that displays more information about the uses for the campaign and a short explanatory video, along with templates for Facebook Messenger and Shopify.
The process to set up these campaigns is slightly different and only requires three or four steps for completion.
Edit Your Campaign
You’ll need to come up with a campaign name for the next step. If you’re launching a new product, then something like “Pre-launch campaign” may work for you.
Editing the pop-up widget comes next.
This widget is what your customers will use to join your campaign and share it with others. Change the background color, typography, text, sharing settings, and more to align them with your branding.
Once you’re done here, click “Next” to move on.
You then have the options to enable or disable features like:
- Double opt-in. Get participants to verify their email addresses before they can be fully entered into the campaign
- Welcome email. Send a welcome email to confirm your participants’ entries and engage with your potential customers
- Integrations. Connect Viral-loops with tools like Mailchimp, HubSpot, Slack, Google Analytics, and more.
Publish Your Campaign
Ready to launch? You can choose whether you’d like to install Viral Loops to your page manually or use a platform landing page. Click “Finish” once you’ve made the decision to finalize your campaign set-up process.
Click “I’ll use Viral Loops Pages” to edit the URL of the campaign page and pull the Campaign ID and Secret API Token, if needed.
If you decide to host the campaign on your own page, click “I’ll do it myself” to get instructions for embedding the code on various platforms, like WordPress and Squarespace, or a custom built domain.
From here, simply add the link to various social media and marketing platforms, newsletters, online stores, and wherever else it may catch your customers’ eye.
As the campaign begins to build traffic, don’t forget to regularly check the dashboard section to monitor its progress.
Use this promotion time to dually gather feedback from customers on how they view the campaign and any missing links you may be able to add for better efficiency.
Did This Viral Loops Tutorial and Review Help?
Referrals and word-of-mouth marketing are some of the most powerful marketing and sales tools on earth.
If you want to create a buzz and get customers talking about your business with giveaways, referrals, and prizes look no further than the seamless marketing platform that is Viral Loops.
The best part? For a limited time, you can get lifetime access to Viral Loops at only $59.
Let’s go viral now!