Email marketing is one of the best ways to build an audience and increase your influence.
Here are some real examples of people that did this:
- James Clear used email to grow his audience, which led him to selling multiple online courses and ultimately, becoming a best-selling author and sought-after speaker.
- Millionaire beauty mogul Huda Kattan, built her audience by starting a make-up email newsletter.
- Serial entrepreneur, Robert Glazer, increased his influence after building his audience with his newsletter called Friday Forward that also helped him become a bestselling author.
You can also build an audience and increase your influence with email marketing. Don’t make excuses, the best time to start is now.
In this blog post, we will be debunking the most common excuses about why you can’t start email marketing NOW :
1. “My book, course, website, or business is not ready”
This should be the other way around. Before launching any product or service, you need an audience to sell to.
Email marketing is one of the best ways to build an audience and it can be a catalyst for your launch, especially because many of your subscribers are likely to convert into paying customers.
You might still be thinking that you need a website to start collecting email addresses but this is not true.
Many email service providers, including SendFox, have a landing page feature. This feature helps you create your own web page that you can easily share and use to start collecting email addresses.
Check out these awesome landing pages for inspiration:
The best time to start building an audience is NOW.
Even if your website, book, or course is not ready, send relevant information or updates to your subscribers to build momentum and guarantee that your launch is a success.
2. “I don’t have anyone to email”
This step isn’t as hard as most people think it is.
If you don’t have anyone in your email, it’s not because no one is interested, it’s because you just haven’t found subscribers yet.
Here are 5 tips on what you can do to get subscribers:
1. Add the link of your landing page to your email signature. Most people send around 30-50 emails per day, so by doing this you are showcasing your newsletter to more people than you think.
2. Add your landing page URL to your social media bios (i.e. Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc).
3. Share your newsletter with online communities. For example, if you are a chef that’s starting a newsletter on vegetarian recipes, think about the different online communities that might be interested in your content like a Facebook group for vegetarians or a subreddit on cooking.
4. Create a giveaway! Using a giveaway to grow your list is not only effective, but it’s one of the methods with the highest return for your time. You can use KingSumo for free to set up your giveaway where visitors are required to join your email list to enter.
5. Tell your friends and family. Ask them to not only join your newsletter but also to share it with people they think might be interested in it.
Also, check this guide on Social Media Marketing Tools to see how to get more subscribers through Social Media channels.
3. “I don’t have time”
Your newsletter doesn’t have to be long and you don’t have to spend tons of hours creating unique content for each email campaign.
Many successful newsletters are short and include content created by others. Here’s an example from Noah Kagan:
The first link is a YouTube video created by him and the last two items are product and content recommendations.
His emails are also very short and take less than 5 minutes to read. This has been a successful formula for him and his email stats are higher than industry standards (~21%). The email above got a 35% open rate.
You can curate all sorts of content from other people in your newsletter like blog posts, TED talks, a quote from the book you’re reading, and more.
You can also save time and create a newsletter in less than 5 minutes using SendFox’s Smart Campaigns feature.
SendFox’s Smart Campaigns feature will automatically create a newsletter based on content from RSS feeds that are linked to your account. Watch this video to find out more about how Smart Campaigns work:
4. “I don’t know how to start”
Starting a newsletter is easy, the hard part is being consistent.
If you are looking for a simple but powerful email marketing tool, check out SendFox. You can set up your newsletter, landing pages, and autoresponders in less than 15 minutes. Watch this video on how to do this.
When you’re starting, you’ll also need to decide how frequent your sending will be (i.e. weekly, biweekly, or monthly). Once you’ve decided on how often you’ll send your newsletter, create a calendar reminder to not forget.
Start your newsletter TODAY
We’ve debunked the most common excuses and showed you how email marketing can grow your influence and audience.
Now, it’s up to you now to start your newsletter!
Get the SendFox lifetime deal, the best email marketing tool to get started and grow your audience.