If you’re on the hunt for a social media management (SMM) tool, you’ve likely stumbled on an article or two (or 30) detailing all the benefits of Hootsuite. I get it – Hootsuite is one of the most popular SMM tools out there. But that doesn’t mean it’s the best. And you’re well aware of that, hence your search for alternatives.
Lucky you. The marketplace is fully equipped to handle the depths of your social media management needs and we’ve done the work to help you make the best choice for yourself.
In this post, we’ll explore 15 of the best Hootsuite alternatives available in 2020, comparing use cases, features, and pricing. Let’s go!
Hootsuite is a popular, established SMM tool that allows you to:
- Automate and schedule posts on all the major social media platforms.
- Review data with powerful analytics.
- Add multiple users for easy team collaboration.
- Integrate with hundreds of apps, including Canva and Microsoft Dynamics.
The downside? The crème de la crème of the tool’s features are reserved for users with Enterprise accounts, which is the most costly pricing tier available. And it’s pretty expensive.
Hootsuite isn’t a bad tool, but there are options that offer similar features at much more affordable prices.
Best Hootsuite Alternatives
Without further ado, here’s our curated list of the best Hootsuite alternatives.
Buffer offers two options for social media management, Publish and Analyze. Users can choose which plan best fits their needs based on the services offered in each, such as full history post reports and Instagram story analytics.
If you’re interested in tools similar to Buffer, we wrote this comparison post you should check out!
Best suited for: Companies with online or retail stores that use Shopify to receive and ship orders to consumers.
- Hashtag manager for Instagram posts and stories.
- Browser extension for easy access to features and services.
- Individual analytics for posts on every social channel.
- Support for Instagram is lacking compared to other tools.
- Analytic features, when added up, become very costly.
Pricing: 14-day free trial. Paid plan publishing options are $12, $56, and a month, billed annually. Paid analysis plans are $28 and $40 (includes Shopify integration) a month, billed annually.
SocialBee (a former AppSumo Partner) is the top-notch social media management tool you need to maximize your online efforts. Add, organize, and share content across several social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and even Google My Business.
Best suited for: solopreneurs, creatives, freelancers, agencies, startups, and small businesses.
- Category-based system for your posts that offer a balanced mix of content.
- Recycle evergreen content or share once, after using the Advanced Editing features.
- Easy-to-generate posting schedules for all your profiles based on best practices.
- Direct Posting on Instagram can be done via the Buffer Integration.
- Lack of extended analytics for your posts.
Pricing: You can start your 14-day trial for free. Paid options start at $19 per month.
3. Zoho Social
Zoho Social is a user-friendly, well-rounded tool for social media management. It facilitates quick and efficient communication and collaboration among team members.
Best suited for: Small to medium teams needing simple features for teamwork, social channel oversight, and post scheduling.
- Assign team members specific roles and tasks within designated social channels.
- Generate custom social channel reports with interactive charts and graphics.
- Automate reports and have them sent directly to team members on a schedule.
- Can only schedule repeating posts weekly or monthly.
- Cannot edit reply through the app.
Pricing: Free plan available. Paid plan options are $10, $25, $200, and $300 a month, billed annually.
MavSocial simplifies the reply process across your social channels to help you engage with your audience. Use your Social Inbox to read and respond to comments and queries without switching channels multiple times.
Best suited for: Growing businesses that anticipate a significant increase in followers and interactions.
- Unlimited post scheduling, even on the most basic plan.
- Stock image library for easy access to millions of free and unlicensed images.
- Social listening that tracks keywords for changes in industry trends.
- Learning curve for understanding user interface.
- No Pinterest support with standard or advanced accounts.
Pricing: Paid plan options are $16, $65, $165, and $415 a month, billed annually. Custom enterprise plan available.
Sendible supports every major social media platform around, including Tumblr, which is generally unsupported by these apps. This tool caters to larger teams and, at the highest tiered plan, allows 12 users and customized features for a more efficient workflow.
Best suited for: teams with 8+ members that manage profiles across a range of social platforms and channels.
- Offers support for 13 well-used integrations, including Google My Business, WordPress, and LinkedIn.
- Detailed and easy-to-follow social channel reports.
- Mobile app can glitch often.
- No separate feeds for agencies managing multiple accounts
- More costly than similar apps with more advanced or comparable features
Pricing: 14-day free trial. Paid plan options are $24, $84, $169, and $254 a month, billed annually.
Sociamonials is a comprehensive, easy-to-use social media tool that helps you optimize your campaigns and increase your ROI with advanced analytics and automation.
Best suited for: Social media agencies and digital marketers looking for a real ROI on their efforts with easy-to-build campaigns.
- Launching campaigns (which can be translated into 100+ languages) is easy peasy with ready-made design templates.
- Sleek analytics page with ROI and marketing funnel info so you can see which social posts and channels generate most engagement and revenue.
- User-generated content syndication.
- Integrations with MailerLite and SendFox.
- Learning curve for full functionality is steep for people who aren’t social media pros.
- Template designs aren’t polished.
Pricing: 14-day free trial. Paid plan options are $19, $49, $149, and $399 a month. Get a lifetime deal via AppSumo for a one-time payment ofy $69.
7. Social Champ
Social Champ is a cost-effective Hootsuite alternative supporting Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google My Business. It offers many amazing features, such as bulk upload, auto RSS feed, recycle posting, and more to completely automate your social media processes.
Best suited for: Startups, SMB, influencers, agencies, marketers, and entrepreneurs.
- Create, edit, schedule, and design social media posts from within an easy-to-use and clean dashboard.
- Calendar view of all scheduled and published posts with drag/drop features to edit or reschedule content.
- Download PDF reports with beautiful graphs and charts of platform-specific analytics.
- Instagram stories should be posted using “Reminder”.
- No analytics for a LinkedIn profile.
Pricing: Social Champ offers a 7-day free trial period. The paid plans start from $10/month. For a limited time, you can get the AppSumo LTD of Social Champ starting at $49.
Sprout Social is a feature-heavy SMM tool geared to enterprise businesses in need of advanced services. Team collaboration is a breeze with this tool, which makes it ideal for businesses with large social teams that communicate frequently.
Best suited for: Medium-sized B2B enterprises with moderate to high scheduling, publishing reporting, and monitoring needs.
- Dedicated collaboration features to help larger teams stay connected.
- Mobile version is optimized and easy to use on-the-go.
- Clean and organized interface.
- Cost per user makes it one of the most expensive tools available.
- Lacking social listening features.
Pricing: 30-day free trial. Paid plan options are $99, $149, and $249 per user per month.
MeetEdgar is a budget tool with rather elementary features, comparatively. Although MeetEdgar may not be filled with fancy services, its greatest appeal is the post writing feature that automatically finds quotable texts for your updates.
Best suited for: Growing brands and solopreneurs with minimal scheduling needs and three or fewer social accounts.
- Post categories, like Inspirational and Blog Posts, for easy post identification.
- Auto-generation feature creates content for effortless editing and posting.
- Unlimited feeds for automatically importing media and content.
- No choice in color assignments for categorizations.
- Timing options for scheduling posts are limited to daily and monthly.
Pricing: 7-day free trial. Paid plan options are $19 and $49 a month.
WP Scheduled Posts is a plug-in for WordPress that is essentially an editorial calendar tool to help streamline your content strategy.
Best suited for: Bloggers, creative teams, agencies, and small business owners who want to collaborate on content, the easy way.
- Easily manage your scheduled and draft posts from a stunning calendar.
- Integrates with major social platforms and allows you to schedule and automatically share posts.
- Missed Schedule Handler that allows you to handle missed schedule errors.
- Only available for WordPress users.
- Doesn’t provide an all-in-one solution if you need to run campaigns and have access to built-in analytics.
Pricing: 7-day free trial. Paid plan options are $39 and $99 a month. Lifetime unlimited is a one-time payment of $299.
We also have a lifetime deal available on AppSumo for only $39!
Fanbooster is a great tool for driving engagement and it delivers concise ROI reports for each social channel linked to an account. Organizational features make this tool an easy favorite among agencies and medium- to large-sized companies.
Best suited for: Digital marketing agencies and large-scale companies with major engagement and monitoring needs.
- Monthly auto-generated advanced reporting analytics.
- Social listening and industry trend searches.
- Allows for scheduled posting to TikTok.
- Customer support can be slow and/or unresponsive.
- No direct posting to Instagram.
- UI can be difficult to navigate for beginners and non-tech-savvy users.
Pricing: 14-day free trial. Paid plan options are $49, $99, and $199 per month.
Falcon.io is an all-around social management tool, with the website claiming it is the “best platform for every kind of social media marketer.” This tool is great for both standard content management and additional digital advertising needs.
Best suited for: Users with a focus on all aspects of media management and advertising, including audience engagement, publishing, and managing paid ads.
- Single inbox allows for access to all social channel correspondence in one location.
- Tailored vertical services for retail and ecommerce businesses.
- Expert Facebook and Instagram marketing ad technology.
- Complexity of services makes locating features and options confusing.
- Lacks sufficient report customization options.
Pricing: Essentials plan from $129 a month. Contact company for customized Full Suite plan options.
Eclincher has a little something for everyone in the social media management world. Integrations with this tool are impressive, with allowances for platforms like Pinterest, YouTube, and Google My Business in addition to the standards like Facebook and Twitter.
Best suited for: Freelancers, solopreneurs, and medium businesses interested in growing their ROI.
- List of available integrations is extensive and continuously expanding.
- Link shortening with Bitly, Sniply, and Google utm.
- Full libraries of free, high-quality commercial-use photos and videos.
- No bulk upload feature through Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Not ideally suited for beginners to social media management tools.
- No hashtag suggestion feature for Twitter or Facebook, only Instagram.
Pricing: 14-day free trial. Paid plan options are $59, $119, and $219 per month.
CoSchedule is a marketing-focused social media management tool perfect for creating targeted content to help organically build traffic and followers.
Best suited for: Bloggers and digital marketers looking to increase social media traffic through successful campaigns and project organization.
- Headline analyzer scans post headlines to improve factors like clarity and word balance.
- Easy-to-handle user interface for quick proficiency.
- Blog calendar makes uploading and scheduling posts hassle-free.
- Costly tool if you want multiple users and both blog and marketing capabilities.
- Calendar sharing for small teams and individuals not fully optimized.
Pricing: 14-day free trial. Paid plan options are $14 and $29 per user, per month, billed annually. Custom enterprise plan available.
Agorapulse is a full-service tool with everything from unlimited one-click reports for data like ROI and response time, to automatic and customized labels for followers with excellent engagement.
Best suited for: Medium businesses and agencies with extensive reporting, monitoring, and collaboration needs.
- Visually appealing auto-generated reports for improved social content strategies.
- Save feature for common replies to follower comments and questions across social channels.
- Incredibly user-friendly interface.
- No integration with Pinterest or Google My Business.
- No scheduled video content for LinkedIn profiles.
- No draft feature when scheduling a post on the calendar.
Pricing: 28-day free trial. Paid plan options are $79, $159, $239, and $399 per month, billed annually.
How to Choose The Perfect Social Media Marketing Tool For Your Needs
The long and short of it all? The social media management tool that you use should fit your company like a glove.
If you currently use a tool that doesn’t meet your needs, your next step is to begin a free trial with any of these alternatives. What do you have to lose?
Every tool mentioned offers a free trial option and we even listed two amazing lifetime deals for Sociamonials and WP Scheduled Posts, so there truly isn’t any excuse to not explore your options. And as always, if you want to continue exploring your options, browse here.