Bonus material: Get access to the exact marketing plan Noah Kagan used to launch Mint — and copy it for your business launch.
Any product used by 96% of Fortune 500 companies … deserves a double-take. Wait, what?
Meet Powtoon, a visual communications tool that lets you create animated videos with graphics, voiceover, sound effects, and more. Apparently, it’s quite popular among the big wigs. Powtoon is used for:
- Social media promos
- Explainer videos
- Video presentations
- Employee engagement… and more.
It’s basically like Canva, but for video. And there is a free version. But fair warning, like PicMonkey, you can’t download a video made in the free version unless you sign up for a subscription.
So if your team is ready to explore the best Powtoon alternatives, here’s your list of places to start.
And … action!
Moovly is a video creation studio software. It has a familiar video editing design, with streamlined tools so beginners don’t get lost in the weeds. You can upload your own audio, video, and images — or use one of the many starting templates and free media content available within Moovly.
- Video template library
- 1.3M free media objects
- Video automator
- Google Sheets integration for bulk video creation
- WordPress plugin
- Mobile app
Cost: Moovly starts at $49 per month. There is a free plan.
Best for: Creatives who need to build videos on the go or companies looking for an automated solution for creating high-volume explainer videos
Tyle is a smart video and image editor that enables users to quickly create high-quality content and daily social posts. Use mood-perfect stock resources and create with a text-to-speech feature and other fast smart editor features. This tool is perfect for social media video creation, i.e. videos up to 5 or 6 minutes.
- 3 million royalty-free stock images and videos
- Smart editor to automatically optimize assets
- Resizing for specific social platforms
- Licensed music library
- Text-to-speech voiceovers
- Trusted YouTube Creative Partner for YT ads
Cost: Tyle normally starts at $24.50 per month. Get an LTD starting at only $59.00 for a limited time.
Best for: SMB marketers that want a quick and easy way to consistently create video and image content for marketing; marketers making videos in multiple languages
Animaker is an animation software and live-action video maker for beginners and non-techies. As an established tool in the short animated explainer video space, Animaker boasts some in-depth features like auto lip-syncing for your little animated characters as well as a brand kit for storing your company’s colors, fonts, and logos.
- Drag-and-drop 4K video and character builder
- 100M+ free stock videos, images, sound effects, and music
- 1000+ templates
- Resizing for specific social platforms
- GIF maker
- Auto lip-sync for animated characters
- Brand Kit to save your assets, fonts, and colors
Cost: Starts at $19 per month. Animaker has a free plan.
Best for: Companies looking to create their own animated explainer videos
Crello is a Canva alternative that empowers you to create gorgeous short videos for use across social media. The strength of Crello is in its gorgeous, made-for-social designs and animated elements that align with current design trends. Designs on point.
- 25K templates for all big social media formats, including 5K animated options
- 50K free video clips
- Depositphotos access
- YouTube intro/outro maker
- One-click resize
Cost: Crello Pro usually starts at $7.99 per month. Get a LTD on Crello Pro starting at just $49 for a limited time. There is a free version.
Best for: Businesses making visually stunning online video ads for social, particularly Instagram Stories (plus other graphic design assets)
Vyond, formerly known as GoAnimate, is an animated video maker for training, eLearning, and marketing purposes. Vyond offers a suite of enterprise-ready offerings, including extra data security and a white-glove service with a dedicated Customer Service Manager, etc.
- Three 2D character looks: contemporary, business-friendly, and whiteboard animation
- Multi-user video collaboration (for larger plans)
- White-glove enterprise-level support
- Extra data security features
Cost: Starts at $299 per year. Vyond does not have a free plan.
Best for: Teams looking to create large suites of secure, animated eLearning/training videos
InVideo is a robust drag-and-drop video creator for everything from YouTube videos to “bite-sized ads.” Create beautiful modern explainer videos, explore thousands of easy to use templates for various social media channels, edit videos for YouTube, create video presentations, and more.
- Advanced editing: trim/extend clips, crop frames, loop video, and more
- Media library full of millions of beautiful images, videos, and music
- Licensed music library
- Tons of templates
- Convert articles into engaging videos
Cost: InVideo normally starts at $10 per month. Get a LTD on InVideo starting at $49 for a limited time.
Best for: Marketers, media companies, and any business that wants to create kickass marketing videos
7. Raw Shorts
The lucky-number seventh Powtoon alternative on our list is Raw Shorts, a drag-and-drop animated video maker for businesses. Powered by artificial intelligence, this tool literally transforms your written content—like blogs, scripts, ads, and spreadsheets—into animated videos. Let’s unpack some more features.
- AI-powered text to video
- Video templates
- Stock videos
- Turn text content into videos in minutes
- Upload your media or use content from their library
- Choose from multiple animation styles
- Whiteboard animation maker
Cost: Raw Shorts starts at $39 per month paid annually. They do not have a free plan.
Best for: Businesses who want quick explainer and promo videos, without the time and hassle of normal video editing
Biteable is a Powtoon alternative known for its ease of use that’s ideal for companies looking to create presentations, marketing videos, and more. They provide you with hundreds of thousands of video templates, so you can create professional (and fun) content in minutes. IMHO their visual style is really impressive.
- Video templates
- Change text, colors, music, and more
- Discover templates and tools by category (advertising, promo video, animated text, etc.)
- Animate your logo
- Brand your content
- Graphic creator
Cost: Biteable’s premium version starts at $15 per month paid annually. They have a free version.
Best for: Small businesses, solo-preneurs, big enterprise-level companies… basically everyone.
9. Adobe Spark
And of course, Adobe is one of the leading design software tools on the planet. So, you know they’ve got a great Powtoon alternative up their sleeve. And you’re right: It’s called Adobe Spark. It’s a simple combo graphics and short video editor—a great tool for creating simple social media content.
- Thousands of free images and icons
- Collaborate with your team within Adobe Spark
- Create branded templates
- Mobile-friendly (iPhone and Android video editing apps)
Cost: Adobe Spark offers a free version. Premium memberships start at $9.99 per month.
Best for: Companies and individuals looking for a simple graphics and social video creator
Another popular Powtoon alternative is Prezi, presentation software for academics, marketers, and business owners to showcase their ideas in style. They provide three core offerings: Video animations, graphic/image editing, and slideshow tools similar to Powerpoint.
- Business-focused graphics like pie charts
- Video slides that rotate on the screen with your presentation
- Create on-screen graphics for live and recorded videos
- Pre-designed static and dynamic graphics
- Basic video editing (like trimming and adding text)
Cost: Premium pricing begins at $7 per month. Prezi has a free version of its video tool.
Best for: Teachers, business owners, marketers, students
More Powtoon Alternatives
So, which Powtoon alternatives caught your attention?
Tell us in the comments! There are so many more tools in this space like Animaker, VideoScribe, Emaze, Wideo, Promo.com, and more. And if you didn’t quite find what you’re looking for, keep an eye on the AppSumo store. We’re all about giving you the best deals on great software. You never know when the next Powtoon alternative will show up with a lifetime deal.
Oh and be sure to check out the best Powtoon alternative lifetime deals (LTDs) before they’re gone:
And … that’s a wrap.